England, United Kingdom
Oxford at your fingertips – at a fair price. In the city’s ancient heart are Wadham and Keble; in leafy North Oxford is small friendly St Hugh’s. Keble’s sleeping quarters, functional though a good size, stand in stark contrast to the neo-gothic grandeur of its dining hall – pure Hogwarts! Wadham’s hall, medieval, soaring, is yet more glorious – with top breakfasts. Its student-simple bedrooms are reached via crenellated cloisters and lovely walled gardens; ask for a room facing the beautiful quad. At St Hugh’s: three residences (one historic), a student bar, romantic gardens and a 15-minute walk into town.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Rooms available in: Balliol College, Christ Church, Corpus Christi College, Exeter College, Jesus College, Keble College, Lady Margaret Hall, Lincoln College, Magdalen College, Mansfield College.
- Rooms also available in: Pembroke College, Queens College, Somerville College, St Anne's College, St Antony's College, St Benet's Hall, St Hugh's College, St Stephens House, Trinity College, University College, Wadham College, Wolfson College.
- Walking tours of the colleges are available. Soak up the atmosphere, wander across Christ Church Meadow.
- Punt along the River Thames from Magdalen Bridge or Cherwell Boat House.
- Relax in one of the numerous historic pubs for lunch or a drink.
- Visit the Ashmolean Museum, Pitt Rivers Museum, the Botanical Gardens and the Museum of Oxford.
Have you visited Oxford University?Tell us your thoughts.
- 52 Doubles
- 121 Twins
- 1052 Singles
- 12 Family rooms for 3
23 colleges in total.
Mid-Jan to mid-March; May/June; Oct/Nov; Christmas. A few rooms available throughout year.