The Miller’s Cottage, The Birches Mill
Clun, Craven Arms,
England, United Kingdom
This is a neat conversion in part of the original mill. Wake to the music of birdsong and the mellifluous river. The Birches Mill and its buildings date back to 1640; corn was ground here right up until the Second World War. Now Gill and Andrew, both artists, live opposite and will happily provide you with a home-cooked, locally sourced meal from their freezer should you arrive exhausted on a Friday night – or if you're simply too puffed to cook after a day's hike! You can also order a welcome box of local produce. Downstairs is a living room of exposed stonework, low, beamed ceilings and a wood-burning stove. Attached is the small, well-equipped kitchen with fun, colourful tiles and farmhouse-style wooden units. Wind up a book-lined, doll's house stair to fresh sky-lit bedrooms and an original brass bed – and wake to the morning to the light coming in through wide velux windows. A wildlflower garden sits behind the cottage, yours to catch the afternoon sun in. Wonderful Offa's Dyke can be reached by foot; historic Ludlow, Slow Food capital, is a short car hop.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
Gill Della Casa & Andrew Farmer:
- Peace and relaxation.
- Great walking from the door.
- In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- A large, sunny garden.
- Friendly local pubs.
- Just three miles from Picturesque Clun.
Have you visited The Miller’s Cottage, The Birches Mill?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 2
Clun, Craven Arms, Shropshire