Lower Coxbridge House
Kennard Moor Drove, Glastonbury,
England, United Kingdom
A lovely, light, lofty apartment with panoramic views that sits on top of a beautiful and modern eco house near Glastonbury. From the bedroom, sitting room and large bathroom there are calming, head-clearing and spectacular views of the Somerset Levels and of Glastonbury Tor. You have your own entrance and feel very private and there's a real sense of space. In the sitting room you'll find a very comfy sofa bed for children or friends – come as a group of three or four and this is even better value. Also within the grounds is a sweet barn among the apple trees with natural stone walls and large windows. The bathroom, with its picture window, has uninterrupted views to the Tor and up on the mezzanine is the big double bed – a stork's nest with more views. Sizzle sausages on your own barbecue, pick salad leaves or fruit for supper, listen to birds singing from the rose arches. This is an easy-going place with a lovely atmosphere and Sarah can organise – and teach – yoga weekends for a group of friends. This is a fabulously spiritual part of the country and the Levels are rich in birdlife and wildlife. Restaurants are close by.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Sarah Orme:
- Glastonbury 5 minute drive/20 minute cycle.
- Endless stunning Somerset walks on your doorstep.
- Yoga classes available.
- Beautiful Dorset coast under an hour away.
- Easy access to the cities of Bristol, Bath and Wells.
- Very private and peaceful, but within easy reach of endless attractions.
Have you visited Lower Coxbridge House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Barn for 2
- 1 Apartment for 2
Short breaks available from £100 pn.
Kennard Moor Drove, Glastonbury, Somerset