Pennard Hill Farm Cottages
East Pennard, Shepton Mallet,
England, United Kingdom
You are 600 feet up on a ridge, with views over the Somerset Levels to Glastonbury Tor. All around are acres of perfect farmland, Exmoor Horn sheep and organic pasture. Here are three properties. First, charming Lamb, with flagstone floors, soft sofas, an open fire, and a contemporary feel upstairs. Adjacent is the Golden Fleece, a big airy space with a huge kitchen and a double Aga, a glass dining table, a black leather sofa. As for the Haybarn, all warm brick walls and stripped floors, it touches every comfort button: a bedroom under the eaves flooded with light, kilims on the polished floor, satin and fine cotton on the bed; it's perfect for a couple. Just a step away is a Victorian barn with a large, lofty, brick-walled space that houses a heated pool. Little extras make all the difference – White Company linen, locally made goats' milk soaps, beauty treatments and massages on request, supper dishes delivered to the door – and Kate is happy to show little ones around the farm should they wish. Upbeat, quirky and immaculate all at the same time. Stride out and explore Somerset.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
Kate & David Chambers:
- A wide range of health & beauty treatments available.
- Fantastic countryside.
- Working farm.
- Ideal centre for visiting many local attractions.
- Dining at home options to save you cooking!
Have you visited Pennard Hill Farm Cottages?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Cottages for 2 - 8
East Pennard, Shepton Mallet, Somerset