Mill Lane, Porlock,
England, United Kingdom
Steeped in folklore, surrounded by the Exmoor hills, thatched Porlock is a two-minute walk from The Cleeve. The big white Victorian mansion sits in two acres of winding paths and hide-and-seek places, sweet reading corners and mown grass for games; and there's a nature hide for children smothered in hydrangeas. This immaculate renovation incorporates eight bedrooms, six bathrooms, two sitting rooms, open fires, pocket-sprung mattresses, a big welcome hamper, games consoles and Sky TV. Fabrics are fashionably sleek, furniture is light oak, the detailing is beyond reproach. There's so much space you can have two chefs cooking at once: note the four-oven Aga, the swish modern oven and the gleaming batterie de cuisine. Showers are large, lovely and white, pillows plump, sofas sprinkled with striped cushions, and the dining/living room has views of the hills. And there's a room for muddy boots. Set off on a ramble from the door, scrunch across the beach to Porlock Weir. The Cleeve is a paradise for huge parties of all ages.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Kevin Bramhill:
- Trails straight from the property.
- Village restaurants, pubs & shops only 2 mins walk away.
- Secluded, luxury & fantastic views without the isolation.
- In an area listed as one of Britains scenic wonders (Readers Digest).
- Up to 28 guests can dine together.
- Chefs and other staff can be hired if you want them.
Have you visited The Cleeve?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 28
Mill Lane, Porlock, Somerset