Clopton, Woodbridge, IP13 6QB,
England, United Kingdom
A short hop from riverside Woodbridge and musical Snape Maltings, between a conservation churchyard and a history-rich field, is something different and unusual: a customised house of gentle colours and textures, home to an architect and a designer. From the hand-carved, oak porch to the lovely wildlife garden, there's a feeling of warmth and delight. Under the eaves: two jewel-bright and comfortable bedrooms full of books and fresh flowers. In the kitchen: a big farmhouse table laid for beautiful breakfasts. And, a short walk away, "one of the best gastropubs in East Anglia". Brilliant!
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Sally and Richard Pirkis:
- Sutton Hoo with it's magnificent Anglo Saxon ship burial lies next to the picturesque riverside town of Woodbridge.
- The Aldeburgh Festival and Snape Maltings is a cultural hub for music, dance, opera, drama, art, poetry, literature.
- Mysterious Orfordness, Europe's largest vegetated shingle spit, previously used by the MoD and later BBC world service is now an internationally important nature reserve owned by the National Trust.
- The timeless seaside towns of Aldeburgh and Southwold offer an extraordinary variety of independent shops, galleries and restaurants.
- Foodie heaven includes the award winning British Larder Bromeswell, Butley Orford Oysterage Orford, The Lighthouse Aldeburgh, Pump St Bakery Orford, and The Crown in Woodbridge.
- The Sandlings, a national nature reserve including Minsmere RSPB reserve has huge dramatic skies, farmland, pine forest, heathland, seawall, shingle, beach and marshes full of the sound of waves, birds and solitude.
Have you visited Church House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Twin/double
- 1 Twin
Children over eight welcome.
Clopton, Woodbridge, IP13 6QB, Suffolk