Vann Lane, Hambledon, Godalming, GU8 4HW,
England, United Kingdom
Through an old ornate iron gate, up a sweeping drive in rolling parkland and... enter another world. With an Elizabethan core and Victorian additions, Vanessa’s house is a unique celebration of the Arts and Crafts movement. It’s been in her family for generations and the restoration, with a marvellous Italian slant, is well underway. Find rooms of pure opulence with regal beds and bags of character, fabulous bathrooms, art, antiques, vast fireplaces, stunning stained glass, an orangery for breakfasts and a wonderful garden with a long reflecting pond. Vanessa is great fun and you’re free to wander everywhere. Magical.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
Little gems of local knowledge from Vanessa Rhode:
- Watts Gallery: A collection of works by GF Watts, across five galleries on permanent display. Over 100 paintings spanning a period of 70 years including portraits landscapes and his major symbolic works. Next door is the famous Withies Inn.
- Petworth House and Park: Discover JMW Turner, the nations greatest painter, exhibition from January through March. The house is open from March to October, take a peek, ''behind closed doors''. Petworth House Spring Clean.
- Ballooning: Balloon flights over the Surrey Hills and South Downs from Farnham, Guildford & Godalming. A great gift for birthdays, anniversaries etc.
- Cycling: Surrey was made for cycling! Mountain biking off road or gentle country roads. Wonderful landscapes to intrigue whole families or the committed biker.
- Vann Gardens: Nestled in the Surrey countryside near Godalming. 5 acres of garden and a family home from the 16th century. Arts and Crafts architecture in the house. The garden was planted by Gertrude Jekyll in 1911.
Have you visited Hambledon House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
Vann Lane, Hambledon, Godalming, GU8 4HW, Surrey