Vann Lane, Hambledon, Godalming, GU8 4HW,
England, United Kingdom
Through an old ornate iron gate, up a sweeping drive in rolling parkland and... enter another world. With an Elizabethan core and Victorian additions, Vanessa’s house is a unique celebration of the Arts and Crafts movement. It’s been in her family for generations and the restoration, with a marvellous Italian slant, is well underway. Find rooms of pure opulence with regal beds and bags of character, fabulous bathrooms, art, antiques, vast fireplaces, stunning stained glass, an orangery for breakfasts and a wonderful garden with a long reflecting pond. Vanessa is great fun and you’re free to wander everywhere. Magical.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Watts Gallery: A collection of works by GF Watts, across five galleries on permanent display. Over 100 paintings spanning a period of 70 years including portraits landscapes and his major symbolic works. Next door is the famous Withies Inn.
- Petworth House and Park: Discover JMW Turner, the nations greatest painter, exhibition from January through March. The house is open from March to October, take a peek, ''behind closed doors''. Petworth House Spring Clean.
- Ballooning: Balloon flights over the Surrey Hills and South Downs from Farnham, Guildford & Godalming. A great gift for birthdays, anniversaries etc.
- Cycling: Surrey was made for cycling! Mountain biking off road or gentle country roads. Wonderful landscapes to intrigue whole families or the committed biker.
- Vann Gardens: Nestled in the Surrey countryside near Godalming. 5 acres of garden and a family home from the 16th century. Arts and Crafts architecture in the house. The garden was planted by Gertrude Jekyll in 1911.
Have you visited Hambledon House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
Singles £75. Extra beds available for children £40pn.
Vann Lane, Hambledon, Godalming, GU8 4HW, Surrey