The Stag on the River
Lower Eashing Lane, Eashing, Godalming, GU7 2QG,
England, United Kingdom
Once through Eashing is a small bridge with a warning that heavy loads might lead to its demise. We trust this won't happen, as the pretty stone structure built by 13th-century monks forms an essential link to the spruced-up Stag on the River. With a lease dating back to 1771, this is an attractive and an atmospheric place to discover good home cooking, real ale and a happy buzz. Produce is local – meats are sourced from Osney Lodge Farm at Godstone – and in season. Try lamb rump with bean cassoulet and red wine jus or winter vegetable tagine; finish with a warm chocolate and walnut brownie. In spring and summer the teak-furnished terrace by the water makes a languorous spot for supping a pint of Surrey Hills Shere Drop. In winter you can seek out a cosy corner in one of several rambling rooms, where wood and brick floors and open fires blend with modern tables and trendy armchairs. Immaculate new bedrooms are warm, contemporary and stylish, one with wall timbers and wonky floors; all with designer wall coverings, coffee machines, goose down duvets and walk-in showers.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Stag on the River?Tell us your thoughts.
- 6 Doubles
- 1 Family room for 4
Lower Eashing Lane, Eashing, Godalming, GU7 2QG, Surrey