The Swan Inn
Petworth Road, Chiddingfold, Godalming, GU8 4TY,
England, United Kingdom
After 20 years at Knightsbridge's revered Swag & Tails, Annemaria and Stuart escaped to the country to revive an old Surrey bolthole. What you find now are sparkling dining areas and a cool bar, wooden floors, blazing log fires, chunky tables and bags of style. It may be more classy eatery than traditional pub, but there's artisan ale from Surrey Hills Brewery, big smiles from attentive staff, and proper homemade burgers for those in for a bite. And more: beer-battered haddock with fries and pea purée, chargrilled rib-eye steak with caramelised shallots and béarnaise sauce, scallops with black pudding and smoked bacon risotto cake, braised beef cheeks with horseradish mash and curly kale – unpretentious dishes that juggle popular with modern. If you're staying, contemporary bedrooms are warm and cosy, with excellent linen and downy duvets, big beds and flat-screen TVs, sofas in spacious suites, and trendy bathrooms with power showers and toiletries. Outside: a super landscaped garden for summer socialising. In short, the Swan represents a relaxed revival of an old inn in a rather fetching village.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Swan Inn?Tell us your thoughts.
- 8 Doubles
- 1 Suite for 2
- 1 Family room for 4
Special Offer: Escape to the Country - Sunday to Thursday, our Escape to the Country package offers 2 people a 3 course dinner, overnight accommodation in one of our luxury double rooms followed by breakfast for £135.00. Call 01428 684688
High chairs available.
Petworth Road, Chiddingfold, Godalming, GU8 4TY, Surrey
The Swan Inn is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink