Blue Door Barns
2 Cobbe Place, Beddingham, Lewes, BN8 6JY,
England, United Kingdom
On the South Downs Way, in the grounds of Cobbe Place (deeply atmospheric, steeped in Bloomsbury history), are three charming flint properties. Little Lodge has a small sweet kitchen and a living room with a sofabed for kids. The Nook and The Sailor's House each have a double bedroom and en suite bathroom, not large but exquisite. Each of the three spaces, decorated in whites and warm greys, is filled with lightness and calm, and furniture and objets lovingly chosen. All hug a big south-facing courtyard with a fairylight-strewn pergola, an outdoor fireplace and a table for ten. In colder months, hosts Bryony and Emma are happy for guests to relax in their beautiful drawing room: books, games, a great log fire. Their generosity extends to 'boutique breakfasts' included in the price – scrumptious, original, organic – while Glyndebourne-goers can ask for a car, a picnic and a porter! There is even a stunning 1966 Triumph Spitfire MK1 to hire for those without a car for their stay. A marvellous pub and a daily farmer's market are in easy reach, and lovely Lewes and Brighton are a drive. Oh, and a tree-ship in the garden.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- We are just a mile from Middle Farm, a working farm with kids area and fantastic farm shop -
- Glyndebourne Opera House is five minutes from us. The opera season is from May to the end of August.
- Drusillas Park is a brilliant zoo and park with the best adventure playground and even a Thomas Tank Engine train.
- Charleston Farmhouse is two miles from Cobbe Place. This was formerly the home of Vanessa Bell and is now an art gallery, house and gardens, hosting several literary festivals every year.
- Sheffield Park & Gardens, owned by the National Trust, is 20 minutes from us. Incredible landscaped gardens in the midst of Sussex countryside.
- The famous Bluebell Railway sees a collection of rare steam trains taking people through the Sussex countryside on a spellbinding route. A family day out favourite.
Have you visited Blue Door Barns?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Barns for 2 - 4
Special Offer: Blue Door Barns two night special offer - Book two nights at Blue Door Barns and you will receive 50% off the second night and a delicious bottle of Prosecco to enjoy during your stay. Subject to availability
Minimum stay: 2 nights on weekdays. Short breaks available. Pets by arrangement.
2 Cobbe Place, Beddingham, Lewes, BN8 6JY, Sussex