Mill Road, Eastbourne, BN21 2PG,
England, United Kingdom
On top of a peaceful hill, is a tip-top B&B in an 18th-century house with an interesting history – ask Wendy! Cream-carpeted, bright sunny bedrooms, all with views over the garden, create a mood of relaxed indulgence and are full of thoughtful touches. Breakfasts are superb and there’s a chintzy, comfy sitting room just for guests. This is a very spoiling, very nurturing place. The ancient walled garden was once wandered through by the Knights of St John of Jerusalem; you are just as welcome. There is a pergola down the centre with rhododendrons and azaleas at the end, a small pond, a little turret that used to be the look-out tower for the Eastbourne post and a 200-year-old rockery. The garden year starts with daffodils, bluebells and primulas; next come forget-me-nots and Clematis montana ‘Rubra’. A Kiftsgate rose dominates an arch and has escaped up an ash tree. The orchard contains apples, a pear, a fig and a small yellow cherry plum; a raised bank at the back is filled with the prettiest violets and cow parsley in the spring, and there are lots of benches at suitable spots from which to take it all in.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Former home of Peter Pan artist Mabel Lucie Attwell. Close to South Downs Way, Glyndebourne.
- Charleston Farmhouse, Batemans, Pashley Manor, Great Dixter & Sissinghurst.
- Eastbourne International Tennis Tournament in June.
Have you visited Ocklynge Manor?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Twin
- 1 Suite for 3
- 1 Double
Mill Road, Eastbourne, BN21 2PG, Sussex