The Barn, Camber Farm House
England, United Kingdom
Walk along the golden sands of Camber. Then retreat to The Barn for an immersion in the taste and imagination of the Holts. Driftwood has been taken from the beach and used to effect for shelving; quirky old furniture has been mixed with new and some handmade. And the wooden deck is an attraction in itself, bamboo creating a natural privacy so you can breakfast in your dressing gown should you wish. The kitchen is a corner of the vast open living room; above is a gallery with a king-size bed, curtained for privacy – you can just about see the dunes through the velux if you stretch. The main floor is stripped wood with a hessian rug and there's a wood-burning stove for cosiness. Black and white photos on the walls, sheets of pure cotton, plain white china and a food delivery waiting for you should you order one. Georgina is wonderfully friendly and helpful, with two delightful children; yours may on occasion share her child-friendly garden, though you also have your own big lawn. This is a fun and relaxed space, a ten-minute drive from Rye and its restaurants, a five-minute walk from the beach.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Georgina & Richard Holt:
- Within walking distance to the famous Camber Sands Beach.
- The historic town of Rye is a short distance, wander through the cobbled streets...
- For keen gardeners, the homes of Great Dixter and Sissinghurst are close by.
- Water enthusiasts will be busy with kite surfing, wind surfing and sailing.
- Great restaurants and foodie heaven with the Rye Bay Scallop Festival.
Have you visited The Barn, Camber Farm House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Barn for 6
Camber, Rye, Sussex