The Coach House, Beech Hill Farm
Rushlake Green, Heathfield,
England, United Kingdom
A lovely rural setting and a big Wealden farmhouse with paddocks next door. The coach house has its own entrance: walk through large double doors into a big, barn-like living space with impressive beams. There are floral wing chairs, an old sofa, a laminate floor, a round dining table, a few prints on the walls. Through folding doors is the galley kitchen with hob and microwave – an oven is on the way – and a welcome pack from lovely Sue, containing eggs from her hens, local bacon and homemade bread. Curtained off is the bed in a compact space; the old-fashioned cream-tiled shower room is a pad away. You are by a minor road, but things quieten down at night, and this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has endless delights, from gardens to Glyndebourne. You’re near the Cuckoo Trail (which follows a disused train line), there’s walking from the door and a really good food pub a mile away. Shoppers and history buffs have Battle, Lewes, Hastings, Rye, but if you can’t bear to budge, there’s your own patch of garden with pond, barbecue and firepit for summer fun. A laid-back retreat for two.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
Bruce & Sue Copp:
- A personal, retreat space
- Sarah Raven's Cutting Garden, a short drive away
- The Glyndebourne Festival in May-August & October
- A birdwatcher's paradise
- Pevensey, a 20-minute drive over the marshes
Have you visited The Coach House, Beech Hill Farm?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 2
Short breaks £195. Christmas & New Year by arrangement.
Rushlake Green, Heathfield, Sussex