The Old Stables, West Marden Farm
West Marden, Chichester,
England, United Kingdom
You approach through a flower-tumbled porch gate: sheer pleasure to arrive at this former stable block in a downland village. Heated towel rails, supreme beds, cut-glass tumblers for grown-up drinks... Carole who does B&B in the farmhouse gives guests the best. Inside, a generous open-plan space and a neutral colour scheme; outside, your own Mediterranean patio garden. Beyond, 900 acres and walks from the door into the downs, or a stroll to the pub. It's perfect for all ages and is all on one floor. The high-raftered living and kitchen area is surprisingly cosy – central heating and wood-burner generate a winter glow – while a floor-to-ceiling window overlooks the neat farmyard. All is pristine : the kitchen stunningly equipped, the lofty bedrooms superb. Latched doors open to clean-cut bathrooms with top towels. There are books and board games, in summer you have the shared use of a heated pool (six days a week, ten till four), and there's badminton on the lawn. A home from home – only better.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Carole Edney:
- Convenient for racing at Goodwood, The Goodwood Revival and Festival of Speed.
- A walker's paradise! Located in the South Downs National Park.
- An ideal base for touring the south coast and the many attractions.
- Cross channel ferry terminal at Portsmouth is a 20 minute drive.
- A good day out to be had at Portsmouth's historic dockyard and Gun Wharf Quay.
- Near The National Trust's Up Park.
Have you visited The Old Stables, West Marden Farm?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Barn for 4
West Marden, Chichester, Sussex