Briggate, Nesfield, Ilkley,
England, United Kingdom
Your heart will lift as you sidle up past handsome stone terraced cottages to this pretty white terraced number, looking south over the lush Wharfe Valley. Jane will probably have the wood-burner ready and roaring for your arrival, so settle back, pour a glass of wine and cut the cake in your welcome pack. Dining room and snug sitting room come carpeted and spotless, with plain walls and floral curtains, tan leather winged chairs and a dusk pink sofa. Your galley kitchen has a modern country feel with sweet stencils on the walls and the patio garden is a lovely spot for lunch-with-a-view on sunny days. Beamed bedrooms have marvellous long views over the valley; the master room with a cream king bed and heaps of storage, the smaller double with pretty blue gingham curtains. The Coopers (experts in antiques and furniture restoration) are on hand next door for advice and can arrange day membership at Ilkley golf club. The Yorkshire Dales begin six miles away at Bolton Abbey (where there is a Michelin-starred restaurant) but much of the time you can leave the car behind: walks spider out from the door through glorious countryside, Ilkley is a trot downhill and the train will whizz you to Leeds in half an hour.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Jane Cooper:
- Enjoy Ilkley, maybe with a trip to Betty's tearoom...but be warned, not good for the waistline
- To work off those extra calories take advantage of fabulous door to door walks.
- Expolre Ilkley Moor (b'ah tat)or Beamsley Beacon and the historic Bolton Abbey
- Explore the Dale, Burnsall, Skipton,Appletreewick, all a short drive in fabulous scenery
- A golfers paradise, Ilkley Golf Club just minutes away, if that doesnt suit, maybe horseriding or fishing might
- Feeling hungry, then dine out in Ilkley with a choice of many fabulous restaurants. Pushing the boat out ? then try the famous Box Tree Restaurant.
Have you visited Rose Cottage?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 4
3 night weekend from £250. 4 nights mid-week from £250. 2 night stays on request.
Briggate, Nesfield, Ilkley, Yorkshire