Austwick, Settle, LA2 8BY,
England, United Kingdom
A northern outpost of country-house charm, beautiful inside and out. It's a family affair and those looking for a friendly base from which to explore the Dales will find it here. You enter through a wonderful drawing room – crackling fire, pretty art, the daily papers, cavernous sofas. Follow your nose and find polished wood in the dining room, panelled walls in the breakfast room, then William Morris wallpaper in the sitting room bar, where you can sip a pint of Skipton ale while playing a game of Scrabble. Bedrooms are just the ticket, some coolly contemporary, others deliciously traditional with family antiques and the odd claw-foot bath. Those on the second floor are cosy in the eaves, all have fresh fruit, homemade shortbread and Dales views. Elsewhere, a white-washed sitting room that opens onto the garden and a rug-strewn restaurant for fabulous local food, perhaps Whitby crab, slow-roasted pork, raspberry and white chocolate soufflé. Spectacular walks start at the front door, there are cycle tracks and some extraordinary caves – one is bigger than St Paul's. Brilliant.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- The Yorkshire 3 Peaks of Whernside, Ingleborough and Pen-Y-Ghent offer a challenging 26 mile route or you can just climb one and enjoy the view of the other two from the top!
- Settle to Carlisle railway, one of the most beautiful and interesting railway journeys in the UK through the glorious Yorkshire Dales.
- Yorkshire Dales National Park is 700 square miles of some of the quietest and most beautiful countryside in the UK.
- Ingleborough or White Scar cave complexes show casing some of the biggest and best cave complex's in the UK
- Malham Cove and Gordale Scar, stunning limestone geography with an impressive 80m cliff all within a short stroll from the village of Malham
- Ingleton Waterfalls offers a 4.5 trail through ancient Oak woodland and Yorkshire Dales scenery via a series of stunning waterfalls.
Have you visited The Traddock?Tell us your thoughts.
- 7 Doubles
- 1 Twin/double
- 2 Family rooms for 4
- 1 Single
Singles from £85 to £100. Dinner, B&B from £78 to £128 per person. Extra bed/sofabed available £15 per person per night.
Special Offer: Winter Fireside Warmer - Relax in front of a our log fire & enjoy a cosy midweek break in the peace and quiet of the Yorkshire Dales. Cream tea on arrival, 3 course dinner and Full Breakfast in the morning. From £165 per room.
Minimum two nights at weekends March-November.
Austwick, Settle, LA2 8BY, Yorkshire