Kirkgate, Middleham, Leyburn, DL8 4PG,
England, United Kingdom
Middleham Castle – northern stronghold of Richard III – stands around the corner from this attractive Georgian house. Martin and Anne are great hosts and their house is full of beautiful things: clocks everywhere, polished chests, vintage luggage, interesting art. There's an open fire in the sitting room, claret walls in the dining room – and delicious breakfasts from Anne. Pretty bedrooms (one up steep stairs) have bags of comfort: four-posters, decanters of sherry, homemade cakes. Middleham is a racing village with 14 stable yards – horses clop by in the morning on their way to the gallops. Bring hiking boots and unravel the Dales.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Martin Cade & Anne Parkinson Cade:
- Jervaulx Abbey Ruins set in fabulous atmospheric grounds - 3 miles.
- Tennants Auction House, Leyburn is the largest auction house in the North of England.
- Ripon Cathedral and Newby Hall and Gardens at Ripon - 25 miles drive.
- Leyburn Food and Drink festival - first bank holiday in May.
- Bolton Castle - 10 minute drive.
- Five race courses within 45 minute drive.
Have you visited Waterford House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 2 Four-posters
Christmas & January.
Kirkgate, Middleham, Leyburn, DL8 4PG, Yorkshire