Wallace’s Arthouse Scotland
41-4 Constitution Street, EH6 7BG,
Scotland, United Kingdom
The apartment door swings open to a world of white walls, smooth floors, modern art, acoustic jazz, and smiling Wallace with a glass of wine – well worth the three-storey climb up this old Assembly Rooms building. Your host – New York fashion designer and arts enthusiast, Glasgow-born, not shy – has created a bright, minimalist space sprinkled with humour and casual sophistication. Bedrooms capture light and exude his inimitable style; the kitchen’s narrow bar is perfect for a light breakfast. Leith is Edinburgh’s earthy side with its docks and noisy street life, but fine restaurants abound and the centre is close. Memorable.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Murrayfield - The iconic home of Scottish Rugby.
- The Royal Yacht Britannia - The former yacht of the British Royal Family and now a top tourist spot.
- Trinity House Museum - An amazing collection of seagoing memorabilia.
- Scottish Museum of Modern Art - two buildings with fine collections of art and also changing exhibitions.
- Holyrood House - the home of the Queen when she is in Scotland.
- Edinburgh Castle - where much of the history of Scotland was made and the Scottish Crown Jewels are on show.
Have you visited Wallace’s Arthouse Scotland?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
41-4 Constitution Street, EH6 7BG, Edinburgh