Isle of Skye
Scotland, United Kingdom
A former post office, Mungo's Den now shines brightly in its blue exterior. Everything was rebuilt with the environment in mind: materials were reclaimed, and the glorious mix of furniture was recycled or, in the case of the spiral staircase, rescued from a garden and lovingly repaired. Your welcome hamper is locally sourced, and the sheets are organic cotton. In the living room there are warmed tile floors, a log burner, a comfy sofa and a dining table for four. Vintage fabrics and a Bakelite phone add quirk, while the flat screen TV and iPod dock bring it all into the 21st century. The kitchen continues the recycled theme with a mix of crockery and Victorian cupboard doors; the new bathroom has a roll top bath and underfloor heating. Downstairs, the bunk room is a riot of colour, with jolly cushions and Cath Kidston linen, while the mezzanine has a super king-sized bed, more gorgeous fabrics and a velux window that lets you watch the sun set. Wonderful Skye has much to offer – long, quiet beaches and walks from the door, heaps of wildlife to spot – and this fun and fabulous bolthole to return to.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from John Middleton:
- The Cuillin Mountain range very close by.
- Talisker Whiskey Distillery only 3 miles away.
- Beach, forest & cliff walks with an abundance of wildlife & scenery.
- Acitivities include: boat trips, diving, canoeing, cycle hire & horse riding.
- Organic hamper on arrival & fresh local produce available.
- Complimentary handmade soaps & eco cleaning products.
Have you visited Mungo’s Den?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 4
Short breaks available in low season.
Isle of Skye