Craigatin House & Courtyard
165 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5QL,
Perth & Kinross
Scotland, United Kingdom
Craigatin is one of those lovely places where beautiful rooms have attractive prices and hands-on owners go out of their way to make your stay special. It stands peacefully in two acres of manicured gardens on the northern shores of town; good restaurants are a short stroll. Smart stone exteriors give way to warmly contemporary interiors, where beautiful windows flood rooms with light. There are shutters in the breakfast room, which overflows into an enormous conservatory where sofas wait in front of a wood-burner and walls of glass open onto the garden. Big uncluttered bedrooms – some in the main house, others in converted stables – are super value for money. Expect Farrow & Ball colours, comfy beds, crisp white linen, padded bedheads and pretty shower rooms. Breakfast offers the full cooked works and tempting alternatives, perhaps smoked haddock omelettes or apple pancakes with grilled bacon and maple syrup. As for Pitlochry – gateway to the Highlands – it's a vibrant town with lots to do: castles and mountains, lochs and forests, its famous theatre festival. You're on the whisky trail, too.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Martin & Andrea Anderson:
- The Queen's View - Approximately 5 miles away, the spectacular view - one of the most famous in Scotland - is just one of the scenic views to be seen. There is now an exhibition and audio visual display telling the history of local people and forests.
- Located 3 miles away, The Pass of Killiecrankie is renowned for its outstanding beauty and natural history. It has been gouged into the landscape by successive ice ages and meltwaters. The River Garry flows at the bottom of the Pass.
- Blair Castle and Gardens - Located 5 miles away, the ancient seat of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl. Blair Castle enjoys one of Scotland’s finest settings in the heart of Highland Perthshire.
- Located 10 miles away, the House of Bruar offers a variety of goods ranging from textiles to food, art & wild flowers. There is also a very tranquil and relaxing walk through Bruar gorge which is a living memorial to the poet Robert Burns.
- Edradour Whisky Distillery - Edradour Whisky is produced in Scotland’s smallest distillery - and is hand made today as it was over 150 years ago. Only 12 casks of whisky are produced a week, making Edradour single malt a rare pleasure for a fortunate few.
- Pitlochry Festival Theatre - A stay in Pitlochry would not be complete without a visit to the Pitlochry Festival Theatre. Open every day throughout the year, the summer season runs from May to October with two shows per day.
Have you visited Craigatin House & Courtyard?Tell us your thoughts.
- 11 Doubles
- 2 Twins
- 1 Suite
Minimum two nights at weekends.
165 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5QL, Perth & Kinross