Golf Course Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5AU,
Perth & Kinross
Scotland, United Kingdom
You're high on the hill with big views south and lovely gardens to enjoy. It's a little like an Indian hill station, the big house sitting in blissful peace with the bustle of town a short stroll below. As for the house, it was recently renovated from top to toe: new bedrooms, new bathrooms, new everything. The result is this very friendly, nicely stylish, generously priced B&B. Inside you wander down the hall to an airy sitting room that looks the right way; there are comfy sofas, a whisky bar and binoculars to scan the hills. Delightful bedrooms come in the same happy style: neutral colours, smart fabrics, textured wallpaper, tartan bedheads. You get blond oak furniture, cute leather armchairs, jugs of iced water and flat-screen TVs; shower rooms are excellent. Downstairs, the glass-walled breakfast room overlooks the garden. Here you feast on local eggs, Dunkeld smoked salmon and Speyside bacon; the porridge comes with a splash of whisky. Fabulous walking and the famous festival theatre all wait. There's golf, too (Graeme's is a professional so don't expect to win!).
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Graeme Fish & Susanne Wallner:
- Pitlochry Festival Theatre - the ‘Theatre in the Hills’ has an international reputation for the high quality and scale of its productions. A unique repertoire system allows visitors to see a different show every night of the week - not to be missed!
- The Queens View and Loch Tummel - just a short drive from Pitlochry is one of the most magical loch views in Scotland. Easily accessed with an excellent visitors’ centre.
- Blair Castle and Gardens - this magnificent white castle in Blair Atholl has been the seat of the Dukes of Atholl for hundreds of years. Now stunningly refurbished and set in beautiful surroundings.
- Craigower and Ben Vrackie - A 75km view can be had from Craigover Hill just 300m above Pitlochry. For the more adventurous, Ben Vrackie offers a great hike and even more spectacular views.
- Edradour Distillery - the smallest in Scotland and picture postcard perfect in appearance. A great little tour and the opportunity to walk to the Black Spout waterfall afterwards.
- House of Bruar and Bruar Falls - after a walk up the stunning falls why not browse the luxury on offer in the House of Bruar. Homewares, country clothing and an amazing deli! Well worth the visit.
Have you visited Torrdarach House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
Special Offer: Golf at Torrdarach with Graeme Fish - Spring is on it's way at Torrdarach House, so it's time to dust of your Golf Clubs and get moving. Greenfee packages available, Guaranteed Tee Times! Contact Graeme our in-house Golf Professional.
Minimum stay: 2 nights at weekends.
Golf Course Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5AU, Perth & Kinross