Plas Efenechtyd Cottage
Efenechtyd, Ruthin, LL15 2LP,
Wales, United Kingdom
Efenechtyd means 'place of the monks' but there's nothing spartan about Dave and Marilyn's handsome brick farmhouse. Breakfasts of local sausages, eggs from their hens, salmon fishcakes with mushrooms and homemade bread are served at a polished table in the dining room with exotic wall hangings from Vietnam and Laos. Light bedrooms have an uncluttered feel, excellent mattresses and good linen; bathrooms are warm as toast. In the pretty cottage garden: a summerhouse and Marilyn's beehive. Motor to Ruthin, with its windy streets and interesting shops, or strike out for Offa's Dyke with a packed lunch; this is stunning countryside.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Dave Jones & Marilyn Jeffery:
- Coed Llandegla (Llandegla Forest) has mountain biking trails suitable for beginners and family groups; more experienced routes for experienced bikers and a choice of picturesque walking trails.
- Ruthin Craft Centre, the North Wales centre for the applied arts, hold exhibitions by the very best contemporary applied artists from both Wales and beyond.
- Offa’s Dyke, a long distance footpath, runs along the top of the Clwydian Range and offers fabulous views of North Wales as far as Snowdonia to the west, Liverpool to the east and the Lake District to the north.
- Nant Clwyd y Dre is the oldest half timbered town houses in Wales and is the jewel in the crown of the beautiful medieval market town of Ruthin.
- Three World Heritage sites: Edward I’s castles (Beaumaris, Harlech, Conwy and Caernarfon), Pontcysyllte aqueduct and Liverpool’s historic waterfront, are all within easy reach.
- lLangollen International Eisteddfod a one-of-a-kind festival celebrating international music and dance, with live concerts featuring some of the greatest talent from around the world.
Have you visited Plas Efenechtyd Cottage?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Twin
Efenechtyd, Ruthin, LL15 2LP, Denbighshire