Slough Road, Presteigne,
Wales, United Kingdom
Over two cattle grids, through fields sprinkled with sheep, is a renovated farmhouse on an immaculate driveway: welcome to pastoral perfection. The owners live at one end; guests live – privately – at the other. There's also a games room (ping pong, board games, log-burner, books), and a bakehouse and barbecue in the offing. Step inside to find two two-storey cottages side by side, each with an open-plan living area and a wheelchair-friendly bedroom on the ground floor. The décor is beautiful, simple and country-contemporary. Original artwork adds a personal feel, iPod docks and flat-screen TVs add modernity. Then there are fluffy white towels and soaps from Out of Eden, firm new mattresses and superb pillows, and a delightful farmhouse kitchen stocked with supplies for your first breakfast. All feels spacious, airy and peaceful, in three acres of land surrounded by fields. Buzzards wheel, swallows flit beneath the eaves, lovely views roll in every direction. You're well placed to enjoy the Marches and Wales, it's easy driving to Ludlow and Hay on Wye, and walks radiate from the door.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
John, Gloria & Anita Howard:
- Games room with hammocks and ping pong table
- Available for group retreats and courses, with use of beautiful communal spaces
- Additional accommodation available in our main house. Luxury yurt with double bed available from Spring 2012
- Delicious cooked breakfast available by prior arrangement
- Near the Stagg at Titley, Michelin-starred gastro pub, and the Harp at Old Radnor
- As well as the local Presteigne Music Festival, we are within reach of the Hay Festival, the Royal Welsh Show, the Ludlow Food Festival and many more
Have you visited Paradise Farmhouse?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Cottages for 4
Slough Road, Presteigne, Powys