The Old Store House
Llanfrynach, Brecon, LD3 7LJ,
Wales, United Kingdom
Unbend here with agreeable books, chattering birds, and Peter, who asks only that you feel at home. Downstairs are a range-warmed kitchen, a sunny conservatory overlooking garden, chickens, ducks and canal, and a charmingly ramshackle sitting room with a wood-burner, sofas and a piano – no babbling TV. Bedrooms are large, light and spotless, with more books, soft goose down, armchairs and bathrooms with views. Breakfast, without haste, on scrambled eggs, local bacon and sausages, blistering coffee. Bliss – but as far from tickety boo as possible. Walk into the hills from the back door.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Little gems of local knowledge from Peter Evans:
- Dark sky status
- Walk Pen y Fan from the house
- Abergavenny Food Festival
- Hay Festival and Hay’s book shops
- Brecon and Monmouth canal at the bottom of the garden
- 27 varieties of garden birds, swans and ducks in the garden. Not forgetting the hens!
Have you visited The Old Store House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 1 Twin
Llanfrynach, Brecon, LD3 7LJ, Powys