Château de Claribès
Claribès, 33890 Gensac,
An enchanting place in rolling hills, a 15th-century house surrounded by its own biodynamically grown vines. Hoopoes call from the tops of the trees, the river babbles through the valley, and Stone Age artefacts from tunnels beneath the pigeonnier suggest habitation well before the Romans first planted the vines. It's a far cry from Henley-on-Thames! The delightful Nick and Helen upped sticks with their their family in 2004, and now they have a sweet holiday cottage next door. From your morning-sunny courtyard, enter a lovely light and contemporary kitchen/dining/living area, with a door to a dining table outside and an enclosed south west-facing garden. The furnishings are a blend of antique and modern, the colours muted and restful, the feeling deliciously inviting. Up the open central staircase are two big double rooms overlooking the valley; downstairs, wood-burning stoves fuelled by estate logs keep you cosy all year. You can fish for trout, forage for mushrooms, explore Bordeaux and St Emillion, follow an off-road bike trail, or stay put and taste Nick's award-winning wines.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Nick Kinder & Helen Kelly:
- Peacefully located surrounded by our own vineyard, yet only a short walk to the nearest village
- Abundance of local events, activities and night markets - especially during the summer months
- Tours of our own vineyard and winery accompanied by a commented wine tasting
- The amazing Dordogne chateaux with impecable gardens are easily accessible
- Conveniently located for visiting beautiful Bordeaux
- Walking, cycling and running routes, canoeing, accrobranch, surfing ..... or just relax in the garden
Have you visited Château de Claribès?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 4
Extra daybeds for children. Special rates for two people, from €100 per night.
Claribès, 33890 Gensac, Gironde