Château Lavergne Dulong
23 route du Courneau, Montussan, 33450 Bordeaux,
Views over vineyards and award-winning comfort: in the capable hands of Sylvie Dulong this 19th-century mansion has become a sumptuous stopover. Through the neo-Gothic façade you step into a surprising baroque-furnished hall complete with sculptures, exposed stonework and sweeping staircase leading to elegant chocolate-coloured bedrooms. Gilt mirrors, sink-into beds and superb linen heighten your sense of indulgence, as do the neatly placed club chairs, Edwardian-style bathrooms and fresh towels. These are lavish, lovely, expansive rooms in which give yourself up to peace. Sylvie willingly shares her expertise through tasting tours of her cellar and 15-hectare vineyard, and her four-course dinners can be accompanied by a bottle from the estate. In the morning, linger over a breakfast that favours fresh juice and organic ingredients, perhaps surveying the avenue of noble sequoias; then it's a ten-minute drive to the tram that ferries you straight into Bordeaux. Or meander by the summerhouse and spread out lazily on a poolside recliner, until sleep or appetite beckons you away.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Château Lavergne Dulong?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Twins
- 2 Suites
December to February.
23 route du Courneau, Montussan, 33450 Bordeaux, Gironde