Domaine de Barrouil
Bossugan, 33350 Castillon La Bataille,
As befits its calling, this old winegrower’s house stands in a sea of vines whose liquid fruits you will taste. Inside the colourful and immaculate house, greens, reds and creams set off gilt-framed mirrors, fine bathrooms, and bedcovers made by Madame. Your hosts believe in big thick towels too. Madame’s superb French dinners, served in the beautifully tiled dining room, may bring echoes of more exotic lands. She is charming and chatty, a former English teacher; he, a former journalist, knows masses about wine; they'll bend over backwards to help. Ask about watercolour painting classes.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Annie & Michel Ehrsam:
- Wine, Wine, Wine... Lots of wonderful chateaux to visit and taste within reach.
- You might glance some deers when you have breakfast on the terrace in Summer.
Have you visited Domaine de Barrouil?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Family room for 4
Minimum stay: 2 nights at weekends. 2 nights in high season.
Bossugan, 33350 Castillon La Bataille, Gironde