La Baie du Sureau
Eat, drink and make merry en famille – this rambling farmhouse cries out for it. Young parents Jennifer and Doug have transformed the lovely old blue-shuttered stone house into a great getaway for extended families – or it divides into two smaller units. The heart of the Main House is the kitchen with its lapis lazuli tiles and huge table by the fire; there's a terrace for sun-dappled lunches. The Annexe – reached via the Main House's living room or a separate entrance – is just as well-equipped. In bedrooms, some adjoining, is a mix of quaint raggedy walls, exposed stone and new beds. Ground-floor rooms (better for the less than nimble) open to the garden, where cherries, plums and figs burst with fruit in season; a veg patch is yours for the picking; hens cluck out breakfast eggs. Or have a swing and a splash in the pool; it's heated. There's a billiards table in the barn, a barbecue on the terrace, a brand-new mini cinema and a bar. Ask Jennifer for baby baths, stair gates, babysitting. Even little legs should manage a walk to the fun market town of Monsegur. Good beaches and picnic spots are close by.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Jenny & Doug Fairbanks:
- ideally located for wine tasting at excellent vineyards.
- While away your mornings browsing the local markets.
- Explore the ancient chateaux and bastide towns.
- Savour the delicious local food and drink.
- Enjoy a day shopping in Bordeaux or wine tasting in St. Emilion
- Surrounded by fields of vines and sunflowers.
Have you visited La Baie du Sureau?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 14
33580 Monségur, Gironde