Aigrepont, 03000 Bressolles,
Madame greets you warmly outside the original 1640s manor that her ancestors built overlooking the Allier valley. Round a grassy courtyard, the manor, chapel and handsome guest wing float in a sea of terraced gardens surging with lavender, jasmine, roses, vines and a pool. Named after family heroes, bedrooms breathe authenticity with high beams, beautiful antiques, oriental rugs, fireplaces, snow-white linen and new bathrooms, one with a bulls-eye to the courtyard. Breakfast on homemade brioche, dive into the valley for walks, gardens, vineyards and thermal baths, then off to Moulins for dinner.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Édith de Contenson:
- Nearby Moulins (3 km) accommodates the beautiful museum of theatrical costumes where exhibitions display opera & ballet collections created by the great costume designers of the day, plus temporary exhibitions from fine 17th & 18th century collections.
- Architecture, shopping, restaurants & famous old brasseries in Moulins. Country market on Sundays & Tuesdays.
- Water spa in Bourbon l’Archambault (22kms). Vineyard visits & tastings (26 kms) Saint Pourcain.
Have you visited Domaine d'Aigrepont?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin/double
- 1 Twin
Special Offer: Spring special offer - May 2014 - Enjoy the first week-ends of Spring in our blooming garden! In May 2014 : 120€ per night for two, breakfast included (instead of 130) Long week-ends - 1st and 8th of May : 350€ for 3 nights for 2
Aigrepont, 03000 Bressolles, Allier