Château de Bonabry
This architectural gem used to house the archives of the château (built by the Vicomte's ancestors in 1373): the family discovered piles of musty parchment documents when they restored it. With the sea at the end of the drive, your own rosey walled garden to spill into in the summer, and substantial woody grounds for long walks, birdwatching and picnics, this is a super place for a small family to stay. Downstairs rooms have stone vaulted ceilings, crimson-washed walls, large windows at the front, modest ones at the back, and age-old terracotta floors. Furnishings are simple and the kitchen is fitted and white, with a round table and yellow chairs. Beamy bedrooms have plenty of French charm: in the twin, a stripped floor and pink toile de Jouy; in the double, deep yellow fabric-clad walls. If they aren't out hunting, your two loveable hosts, who do B&B in the château, will be on hand to help; the Vicomte may bring offerings from his vegetable garden. Your 'English' garden is furnished with parasol, barbecue and wooden loungers. A dear little all-year-round place in which to unwind.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Have you visited Château de Bonabry?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 4
Linen, heating and cleaning not included.
22120 Hillion, Côtes-d’Armor