Follow the country roads to the peninsula… then to the end of this private track. Your two-tier garden – unfenced, edged with ferns, surrounded by sky and sea – feels intimate yet gloriously open. Welcome to a hidey-hole on the edge of the world, three low stone cottages drawn into one. If the exteriors are quaint, the interior is marvellously modern. The old fishermen's dwellings are a blend of the authentic (restored shutters, painted beams) and the luxurious (vertical radiators, sliding doors, surround sound), with plenty of charm thrown in: a bedside table from a chunk of burr timber, a tracery headboard from a reclaimed screen, driftwood panelling to remind you of the sea. You get a big airy sitting room with an L-shaped sofa, and a groovy mezzanine 'snug' children will adore. The en suite bedroom is up a stair off the kitchen; the jolly twin under the eaves is up another – off the ground-floor bedroom with the open fire (bliss). Find surf – and amethyst! – on unspoilt beaches, markets at Camaret, the coastal path at the Cap de la Chevre, arty shops at Morgat and Crozon. Brittany at its beautiful best.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- Energy is from 100% renewable sources.
- The area has a low key vibe, the beaches are quiet, pristine and amazingly beautiful.
- The stunning GR34 coastal path runs along the whole peninsula and you can access it a few hundred metres from your doorstep.
- The crystalline turquoise sea of the Cap de la Chevre is reminiscent of a tropical island.
- The beaches of La Palue and Lostmarc'h are a top surfing spot. The nearby bay of Morgat is great for kayaking and dinghy sailing.
- The area is full of magical myths and legends, the standing stones in Lostmarc'h date back to 500 B.C.
Have you visited Lostmarch?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 6
Short breaks available. Pets by arrangement.
29160 Morgat, Finistère