Château de Nyon
A pretty little château in a secluded valley in the heart of utterly unspoilt countryside. The remarkable Catherine inherited the house and has been doing B&B for 20 years. Her bedrooms, all on the first floor, echo the 18th-century character of the house. Toile de Jouy is charmingly splashed across pink paper and fabrics, bathrooms have big tubs or walk-in showers, glorious views to the garden reveal an avenue of lime trees and a hornbeam maze. Friendly Madame serves a beautiful breakfast of fresh pastries and home honey. It's hard to leave this blessed setting; the nearest restaurant is ten kilometres away.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Traditional 'faience' tin-glazed pottery in Nevers
- Roman church in St Etienne
- Bookshops in La Charité-sur-Loire
- Vineyards in Poilly-sur-Loire and Sancerre
Have you visited Château de Nyon?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Family room for 4
- 1 Single
58130 Ourouër, Nièvre