Place de l'Horloge, 30580 Fons sur Lussan,
Languedoc - Roussillon, France
This happy, artistic, relaxed couple welcome guests to their light-filled former silk farm, splashed with Moroccan colour and ethnic objets. It has pretty ochre-coloured plates, a long wooden table on an uneven stone floor, an ancient sink, beams twisting, glimpses of age-old village rooftops, a ravishing courtyard, big, pretty, uncluttered bedrooms, a roof terrace looking over Provence. Michèle paints, manages tranquilly and adores cooking; Michel, passionately active in sustainable development, knows his wines and the local community; their talk is cultural and enriching.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Little gems of local knowledge from Michèle Dassonneville & Michel Genvrin:
- At the heart of the Garrigue, between Provence and Pays d'Oc, Fons sur Lussan is an authentic stone village full of character.
- The famous Pont du Gard, an ancient Roman aqueduct which crosses the Gardon river near Remoulins, is an impressive sight not to be missed!
- 'Les Concluses' river gorge and natural pools beg you to walk, swim and relax by the fresh waters.
- For nature lovers, the Garrigue has a fantastic array of flora and fauna: pistachio trees, thyme, wild lavender, and the unusual 'strawberry tree'.
- The bustling Saturday morning market at Uzès is one of the most spectacular in France.
- Just one hour away you can discover The Camargue, with dramatically different landscape and sandy Mediterranean beaches.
Have you visited La Magnanerie?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Family room for 4
Place de l'Horloge, 30580 Fons sur Lussan, Gard