5 boulevard Lamartine, 34340 Marseillan,
Languedoc - Roussillon, France
Imagine southern light, a timeless French fishing port and a soft yellow townhouse whose cool hall opens to a peaceful walled garden and a private pool. Petit Hôtel is gloriously discreet. Its ancient stone stairs spiral up to big restful rooms while living spaces are contemporary open-plan, their polished plaster walls punctuated by bright artwork. Birgit has enhanced the enticing sense of seclusion, ensuring each cool, uncluttered, refreshing room has its own balcony or terrace overlooking garden or street, choice piece of art and walk-in shower. Neighbouring trees and the distant glimmering sea frame a terrace and garden with climbing jasmine, thoughtfully placed furniture and several shady spots, perfect for lazy reading or sipping the local Noilly Prat (visit the cellars nearby). Alternatively, explore art galleries, markets and vibrant Montpellier; windsurf; kayak down the Hérault river; sup on fresh oysters then stroll home to rooftop views and a night-lit pool. The welcoming, interesting Zuckers have had a complete lifestyle change and are enjoying their new life immensely.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Enjoy the weekly tuesday market that starts just across from the Petit Hotel, sit in one of our local cafés or bars to experience the lively atmosphere before you enjoy a tasty fish dish at Entre Ciel&Mer or Pacheline restaurant at our beautiful harbor.
- Explore the new bike routes to and along the beach and the Canal du Midi or book a boat trip in our various water worlds. Mountain bikes, SUP, windsurf and wake boards, canoes and more on site the hotel for guests to rent.
- We are located in the heart of the oldest and most prestigious European wine region. Enjoy our local wine selection and famous fresh Bouzigues oysters from the Etang de Thau on our terrace. Or book a delicious BBQ in our summer kitchen next to the pool.
- Explore nearby cities like Sete, Pezenas, Montpellier or Carcassone with great art galleries, museums, excellent restaurants or visit one of our favorite spots: St Guilhem le Désert with the nearby Devils Bridge or one of impressive stalactite caves.
- Savour playing golf on the nearby golf courses in Cap d'Agde, Beziers, Montpellier, Nimes or Carcassone. If you should prefer tennis we'll make a reservation for you either here in Marseillan or in the tennis center (indoor and outdoor) in Cap d'Agde.
- Converted the old winery into a small Boutique Hotel with a personal touch. Located amid the center and the harbour. Our goal is to make the stay of our guests as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We speak English, French, German and "Friendly".
Have you visited Petit Hôtel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 3 Twin/doubles
Extra bed/sofabed available €40 per person per night.
Minimum stay 2 nights in high season. Children over 13 welcome. Pets by arrangement.
5 boulevard Lamartine, 34340 Marseillan, Hérault