Fleuret - Main House
The setting of this solid stone 17th-century farmhouse is breathtaking: views of hills and woodland fill every window. This is a sensitive restoration by the photographer owner who lives with wife Gilly and their family in the other half of the building. Walls are thick and space plentiful. The kitchen/dining room is immense with warm wooden flooring, a wood-burner in the ancient hearth, an antique table for family feasts; the sitting room has colour-washed walls, some exposed stone, comfortable sofas – easy and delightful. One double room is downstairs, the other four are in the attic with gabled ceilings, white walls, no clutter. There are books, games, a video library and Tim's photographs on the walls (ask about his courses on landscape photography). Also in this mini hamlet, sharing farmyard, games room and pool, are a barn and a cottage. So, a chance to be sociable, but to be private too. Medieval, hilltop Curemonte, waving to you across the valley, has a market that opens in summer, and there are masses of castles and caves to discover.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Tim & Gilly Mannakee:
- 30 minutes from Brive airport
- Flights from London City airport on Fridays and Sundays ideal for a weekend break in the off season
- Weekly evening market followed by barbecue in Curemonte throughout July and August- a great way to meet the locals and sample the local produce
- Walks and cycle rides from the house- routes provided
- Celebrating a special occasion? With the cottage we can comfortably accommodate 18 people
- 3 golf courses within 30 minutes drive
Have you visited Fleuret - Main House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 12
€490 for 3 days in low season. Ask about special offers.
19500 Curemonte, Corrèze