Le Fleuray Hotel & Restaurant
Fleuray, 37530 Cangey-Amboise,
Loire Valley, France
The Newington family hotel is a haven of peace surrounded by fields and grazing cows. The basics at Le Fleuray are ideal: a solid, handsome old manor house with duck pond and barns, mature trees and bushes, swimming pool, hot tub, tennis, kids park and bikes – all that's needed. Then there's the country-house mood: lightly floral sofas into which you can sink, bookcases, prints and flowers. The rooms in the converted barns are just right for families; slightly cut off from the rest, they have French windows opening onto the garden so each has an individual patio. Those in the main building are a bit smaller but cosy and spotless, with queen-size beds. In summer, you can dine on the terrace. In winter, aperitifs are served in front of a log fire. A young French chef, who comes with quite a pedigree, produces a delicately inventive and well-presented cuisine; the restaurant is one of the most popular in the area. Expect a genuine welcome from family and staff – they know the best châteaux to visit and some lovely walks. Amboise is a short hop away.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Exterior Jacuzzi/hot tub open all year ; swimming pool (open in season) ; tennis court ; free bike rental ; 9 hole golf course
- Leonardo da Vinci's Clos Lucé ; Amboise ; Blois ; Tours ; Chenonceau ; Chambord ; Cheverny ; Chaumont-sur-Loire
- Canoeing ; horse riding ; hot air balloon and helicopter rides over the châteaux ; Segways around Amboise
Have you visited Le Fleuray Hotel & Restaurant?Tell us your thoughts.
- 9 Twin/doubles
- 12 Family rooms for 5
- 2 Suites for 6
Fleuray, 37530 Cangey-Amboise, Indre-et-Loire