Carrefour de l'Ormeau
Loire Valley, France
A woody minimalism from Alain, music lover, painter, craftsman, keen cyclist and font of local knowledge, and Isabelle, who loves to cook. In big bedrooms of monastic simplicity, nothing distracts from the natural warmth of old tiles and Alain's smooth, contemporary, local-wood furniture: all is light, space, harmony. The magnificent room under the rafters is used for exhibitions of Alain's creativity. Isabelle's lush village garden centres on its potager and there's a little path through the 'wild' wood beyond: this big house is a meeting of market-place and wilderness where people grow.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Little gems of local knowledge from Alain Gaubert & Isabelle Peyron-Gaubert:
- Shiatsu massage. Organic cookery courses.
Have you visited Carrefour de l'Ormeau?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 2 Triples
- 1 Suite for 4
41170 Mondoubleau, Loir-et-Cher