Tarquimpol, 57260 Dieuze,
Within exploring distance of Strasbourg, Nancy and Metz, the château has more than a whiff of history. It was built for one of Napoleon's generals and the two paintings that hang in the Louis XVI salon were gifts from the Emperor. David's family has farmed here for five generations; now he and his wife welcome guests with huge kindness and eco-awareness. Bedrooms are authentically French and solidly traditional, with carved armoires, Voltaire armchairs, perhaps a draped bedhead or a small chandelier. Parkland views float in through the windows and bathrooms have recently been updated. Downstairs is more stylish: a library/billiard room, a many-windowed salon hung with portraits, a majestic dining room where splendid candlelit dinners are served several nights a week in the company of your lively, attentive hosts (book ahead). Laze on the terrace at the back, as you watch the children play; it's great for families. Or pull on your hiking boots and follow your nose through the woods and round the ponds. Agnieszka fills the place with children and flowers. It's homely, well priced and definitely special.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Nancy, Metz and Strasbourg all within an hours drive.
- Sainte-Croix animal park in Rhodes.
- Many large lakes nearby for swimming, walking, bird watching.
- Historic town of Vic-sur-Seille or Marsal
- Paths and hiking trails on foot, bicycle, horseback (maps provided)
- Tasting and sale of products from the organic farm and local producers on site (chicken, beef, flour, pasta, wine ...)
Have you visited Château d'Alteville?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Doubles
- 1 Twin
Tarquimpol, 57260 Dieuze, Moselle