Maison de Bibby
Rue de l'Eglise, 46600 Martel,
Midi - Pyrénées, France
On holiday from New Zealand, Anna fell in love with this 12th-century house and a new life opened up; she sold her art gallery (much of it landed here, most strikingly) and set about renovating. She brings an easygoing generosity to B&B – guests can join in cooking solid simple soups or casseroles, she may invite some locals to dine with you, she knits hot water bottle sleeves. The drop-dead gorgeous house is quirky, too, with deeply comfortable rooms. Up winding narrow stairs, Louis XVI chairs stand on rush-matted boards and heavy curtains hang at ancient windows. You will surely fall in love with it – and with its wonderful owner.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Have you visited Maison de Bibby?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
Minimum three nights.
Rue de l'Eglise, 46600 Martel, Lot