82160 Lacapelle Livron,
Midi - Pyrénées, France
On the edge of the hamlet, a house of delights. Artist Catherine and builder-designer Des rescued the stunning 17th-century farmhouse and gave it back its character. Beams, terracotta floors, stained glass and nooks and crannies are complemented by Catherine's stencils, paint washes and exotic finds. Relax in the open-plan living area with its deep sofas, rugs, wood-burning stove and kitchen units fashioned from wine barrels. Bedrooms are wonderfully individual: one open to the rafters, another bright in sunburst colours, another cool in blue... and the cosy single is every child's dream, while bathrooms are dotted with flowers, shells and bowls. Eat on the wisteria-covered balcony, by the pool or on a shaded terrace. There's also a walled garden full of secret sitting places and organic fruit and veg for you to pick. Calm and smiley people, the owners live on the estate and will help you with advice – or leave you alone. After a day of discovery (medieval villages, markets, the lovely Bonnette valley), this is the perfect place to return to for peace – and a wander round Catherine's art gallery.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Catherine Smedley & Des Dornan:
- Superb panoramic views within minutes
- Choose from local produce markets every day of the week
- Abundant wildlife and natural history
- Set on the edge of a historic Knights Templar village
- Conveniently located within an area of medieval hilltop villages
- Wonderful walking country
Have you visited La Barrière?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 7
Group discounts available in low season. Property also available for 2.
82160 Lacapelle Livron, Tarn-et-Garonne