Hôtel Cuq en Terrasses
Cuq le Château, 81470 Cuq Toulza,
Midi - Pyrénées, France
Come to the Pays de Cocagne, the brochure says. Where is that, you ask, have I drunk that wine? It is an imaginary land of pleasure in the once prosperous pastel-producing Tarn. Philippe and Andonis gave up good jobs in Paris to buy this 18th-century presbytery after falling in love with the region. Perched in mouthwatering gardens on the side of a hill, the multi-level mellow stone edifice looks – and is – utterly inviting. All the rooms, including the two-floor suite by the saltwater pool, exude character and finesse. All are different, with original terracotta floors, hand-finished plaster, exposed beams, a Chinese vase here, an antique bed there. It is worth staying just for the bathrooms, lovely with hand-painted tiles. Evening meals, on the terrace in summer, are a delight for eye and palate: something different each day, fresh from the market, beautifully balanced by wines from the region. Guests are full of praise, for the food and the gardens, the pool and waterfall, the blissful views, the wonderful hosts. We cannot fault it.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Philippe Gallice & Andonis Vassalos:
- Every day of the week, there are charming markets taking places in the nearby towns, the most famous being Revel, and the largest one being Realmont
- We are keen walkers therefore we have compiled a guide of more than 50 walks in the area and we are happy to lend you maps and guides.
- If you like antiques or craft we will direct you to the local antiques shop and brocantes as a well as poters, cabinet makers, hat maker etc...
- Our garden is constantly expending and so does our vegetable garden and orchard. We have more than 300 plants varietals in the garden and it is host to a lot of birds, so bring your binoculars!!
- Our place is extremely relaxing, but if you really want to let go of your stress, we recommand that you book a massage with one of our therapist. Massage menu includes Thai traditional, Oil massage, Foot massage and Energetic draining massage
- We love music especially baroque, so there will always be a nice selection of music playing in the restaurant. We also organise concerts in our neighbouring church from june to september
Have you visited Hôtel Cuq en Terrasses?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 3 Twin/doubles
- 2 Suites for 2
Singles €75-€115. Dinner, B&B €86-€144 per person. Extra bed/sofabed €20 per person per night.
19 October, 15 April.
Cuq le Château, 81470 Cuq Toulza, Tarn