La Villa de Mazamet & Le Petit Spa
4 rue Pasteur, 81200 Mazamet,
Midi - Pyrénées, France
A 'coup de foudre' caused Mark and Peter to buy this grand 1930s house in walled gardens, a few minutes' walk from the market town of Mazamet. Renovation revealed large light interiors of wood-panelled walls, parquet floors and sweeping windows. Furnished with modern elegance, the ground floor invites relaxation in comfy sofas or quiet corners. Bedrooms, with sumptuous beds and fine linen, are calmly luxurious; bathrooms are Art Deco gems. Your hosts are interesting, relaxed and well-travelled, meals in the restaurant are gastronomic. Ideal for Carcassonne, Albi and all those medieval villages.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Peter Friend & Mark Barber:
- Ideally located between two UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Albi & Carcassonne).
- Easy access to mountains, lakes, vineyards, Cathar Chateaux.
- Excellent location for both cycling & walking.
- Three weekly markets just five minutes walk from La Villa.
- Series of 8 self-drive day tours with maps free to all guests.
- Visit Toulouse for the day by train in 90 mins.
Have you visited La Villa de Mazamet & Le Petit Spa?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
Special Offer: Stay & Save - Stay for three nights or more between 01/04/14 - 31/10/14 and receive a 20% discount off the third and each subsequent night you stay with us.
Minimum stay two nights. Children over 14 welcome. Public transport 200m.
4 rue Pasteur, 81200 Mazamet, Tarn