Les Chambres de l’Abbaye
2 rue Michel Greuet, 60850 St Germer de Fly,
Chloé and her artist husband have the most unusual, delightful house in a village with a fine Cistercian abbey. You are free to roam a series of beautiful rooms downstairs, read a book in the pale blue formal salon, admire Jean-François' striking, exciting pictures (though sadly illness is making it harder for him). The family suite is on the first floor, the two others higher up; all are fresh, and immaculate. You should eat well: much is homemade, including walnut wine and liqueur from their own trees. Walk it off round the partly unmanicured garden with its summerhouse and pond. It's a fascinating house and a pleasure to stay in.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Little gems of local knowledge from Chloé Comte:
- Fascinating hikes accessible from our doorstep : walking or cycling
- Conveniently located for splendid country villages and some great gardens
- The 12th century abbey in the village of Saint Germer de Fly
- Gerberoy, 'the city dedicated to roses' and the garden of Henri le Sidaner, painter (19th) century. 12 km away.
- Castle of Vascoeuil (25mn), Cathedrale of Beauvais ( 25mn), Gardens of Monet, painter, in Giverny ( 1 h).
Have you visited Les Chambres de l’Abbaye?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Family room for 3
2 rue Michel Greuet, 60850 St Germer de Fly, Oise