La Villa Cécile
1 rue de Puyravault, 17700 Vouhé,
Poitou - Charentes, France
Stroll from the church and there is Cécile and Gérard's peaceful garden with odoriferous roses. The house's traditional Charantaise exterior belies a chic modern interior with sofas and windows opening to terraces from your own sitting and dining room: find leather, wood and glass. Big light-filled bedrooms are immaculate and luxurious, one with its own terrace and huge bath, another with a circular bed. Breakfast on the terrace is a treat – homemade everything from pancakes to yogurt, deliciously different each day. Sink into the outdoor spa pool watched by sweet wagging Zack; or head off for La Rochelle.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Cécile Thureau & Gérard Blumberg:
- In a wooden building is a sauna for guests to use (15€ per session) and just off the decked area is a modern free-standing circular conservatory, inside which sits a large hot tub for year-round use (10€pp per session).
- Free private parking bookable in advance.
- We have English channels on our televisions.
Have you visited La Villa Cécile?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Twin/double
Minimum two nights during summer holidays.
1 rue de Puyravault, 17700 Vouhé, Charente-Maritime