Le Vieil Aiglun
Provence - Alps - Riviera, France
Once again, the local artisans have done a brilliant job. Once again, the interior sings: Annick has a joyous sense of style. Welcome to the Gîte du Levant, a house of comfort, charm and stupendous views. Inside is a large open-plan living space with the palest floor tiles, the softest stone walls and the subtlest fabrics – deep rose and soft grey. French windows fling open to a perfectly lovely terrace stuffed with herbs to delight your nose and palate. Light pours in to illuminate pretty metal dining chairs, modern sofas, a fireplace for the cooler months, touches of brocante. The kitchen is custom made from beech, its latticed cupboards holding pink and grey china, of course. The iron-balustraded staircase takes you up to serene bedrooms: the pale lilac room matches the trees in the garden, the other, spacious and cool, opens to a terrace – watch the sun rise (le levant – the east) from your bed. The bathroom is large, bright and welcoming. A pool-with-a-view and a charming play area, plus lots of outdoor space, add up to delights for all the family.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Have you visited Le Vieil Aiglun?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Houses for 5 - 8
04510 Aiglun, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence