Snowgums - Apartments One & Two
36 chemin de Mas de Blais, 05100 Briançon,
Provence - Alps - Riviera, France
Next to the apple and pear trees, Pippa has created a lovely level spot in the garden from where you can soak up the views. You'll catch them anyway from this charming old farmhouse, whose rustic walls and vaulted ceilings hold three big apartments. Find cheerful covers on pale pine beds, cotton rugs on tiled floors, jolly towels in shining showers, lightness, brightness and comfort. The cupboards spill novels and games, there are cots and high chairs for the asking, the Chantemerle cable car is a two-minute drive (or shuttle) and Pippa will child-sit if you'd like a night out. Pippa, a Londoner raised in Australia, has that charming, relaxed manner you would expect and makes a stay here memorable. She has a deep love for the outdoor life and will point you in the direction of most of the area's activities – skiing, boarding, hiking, biking, rock climbing, parapenting, tobogganing. She buys local produce for the welcome pack and is totally involved with village life. There are heated floors for cosiness, a drying room for ski gear and a shuttle bus up and down the valley. Brilliant value.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- Briancon old town, UNESCO world heritage listed, fortified cobbled streets, bursting with atmosphere and character, street theatre, events & medieval festivals in season.
- Thermal spa (10 mins) - internal and external thermal pools, jacuzzi, fountains, whirl pool, plunge pools, music dome.
- Winter - skiing (250kms of pistes, 1200 - 2800m, all levels), snowboarding, sledging, relaxing, snowshoeing, husky sleigh rides, ski boot room, sledging slope opposite the house.
- Spring, summer, autumn - excellent local swimming pool + long slide (5 mins), swimming lakes, Italy (15 mins), hiking, cycling valleys or Tour de France passes, kayaking, climbing, BBQ/ relax in large garden, safe bike storage.
- Facilities - feather pillows and duvets, great games cupboard for all ages, toys + Wendy house for children, everything for children and babies, wifi throughout, excellent showers, optional chef prepared main meals - highly recommended!
- Travel - Gatwick Turin with BA, 2 hours drive to here, other airports too, or overnight train from Paris, or TGV to nearby Oulx with connecting bus to bring you to Briancon
Have you visited Snowgums - Apartments One & Two?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Apartments for 4 - 6
36 chemin de Mas de Blais, 05100 Briançon, Hautes-Alpes