La Bastide Rose
99 chemin des Croupières, 84250 Le Thor,
Provence - Alps - Riviera, France
Once an ancient mill on the river Sourge, this pink-hued house has a relaxed but regal air. The grounds are huge, with their own island, swimming pool and an orangery where a seasonal breakfast is served. Inside, character abounds. There's a sitting room that was once an ancient kitchen and distinctive bedrooms, one with its own terrace, another with antiques and a sitting room. All have modern bathrooms. The library is stocked with books, and occasional exhibitions are held (almost more hotel than B&B!). Lovely Poppy can point you to the best walks and finest markets, or leave you to linger in this fabulous place.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- At the gate of the Luberon, 4 miles from l’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue & 20 minutes from the Avignon TGV station, Bastide Rose is a perfect place to enjoy your stay in Provence, and discover Avignon, Orange, Gordes & Saint-remy-de Provence or the perched villages
- The Pierre Salinger Museum with its monumental sculptures exhibition park housed in front of your eyes where art and Historical souvenirs bring back memories ans discoveries
- The wine road along Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Beaume de Venise, Gigondas, Vacqueyras, and lesser know cellars for each to discover happiness
- The Chateau La Coste and its incredible sculpture park after the discovery road along the Luberon Mountain
- "Les Jardins Remarquables" the remarkable gardens Brantes, Mas de la Brune, La Louve, and all the private one, tips that Poppy will share with you
Have you visited La Bastide Rose?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Twin/doubles
- 2 Suites
Minimum two nights (15 June-30 Aug).
Mid-January to mid-March.
99 chemin des Croupières, 84250 Le Thor, Vaucluse