La Ferme du Soleil
Les Gettiers, 74450 Le Grand Bornand,
Rhône Valley - Alps, France
The hamlet of four old wooden houses (two chalets, two farm buildings) is high up, impossibly pretty, detached from the bustling world, with views to lift spirits and a deep silence in which to contemplate such beauty. In winter, you are a stroll from the top of a chair lift and a quick slide from the bottom of several, so you can stop skiing when you're ready for a blazing log fire and a delicious bite. In summer you can wander the mountains to enjoy the flowers and the bell-ringing cows. The word 'idyll' really does apply. Big, cosy, beautiful, open and convivial – another dream realised.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Far from the madding crowds above the clouds but only just over an hour from Geneva.
- Arrive by ski, baggage and stores brought by skidoo...downhill sking for all abilities right from the doorstep.
- Veroni's collection of Alpine coats inspired by the flowers around the chalet and created for life around the chalet are available www.veronisdesigns.com.
- Doorstep eco skiing; set off with a guide on your skis for le petit dejeuner on top of the mountain.
- Rural dairy farming community with cows with bells; the home of reblochon cheese making.
Have you visited La Ferme du Soleil?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 2 Twins
- 1 Family room for 3
Winter half-board prices for 2. Half-board €700-€865 p.p. per week.Summer: self-catered (8) €1,440-€2,160; studio €720 for 2 (child €120). Prices per week.
Special Offer: Winter offer - Save up to £1,700! La Ferme du Soleil is offering 1 free place for booking made over 9 people and two free places for bookings over 11! Offer applies to all weeks - including New Years!
Minimum seven nights.
May to early June; Nov to early Dec.
Les Gettiers, 74450 Le Grand Bornand, Haute-Savoie