Le Franchet de Tignes, BP 125, 73150 Val d’Isère,
Rhône Valley - Alps, France
Mylène and Elizabeth love the outdoors, hence their five-year fight to reincarnate a fallen ruin as a luxury mountain retreat. Join them for gourmet dinner under soaring, raftered ceilings in the grand living space which hovers above Tignes dam. Or soak in the terrace hot tub under the stars; there's a sauna too. Urban rusticity, mountain chic: the place reeks Italian style yet is impossibly hidden in this tiny hamlet. For daytime adventure: the slopes at Val d'Isère, or Tignes, or the Vanoise park. Just ask Elizabeth, off-piste skier extraordinaire.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Little gems of local knowledge from Elizabeth Chabert & Mylène Charrière:
- Snow tyres/chains recommended in winter. Ask about ski lessons.
Have you visited Chalet Colinn?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Twin/doubles
- 2 Triples
Snow tyres/chains recommended in winter.
Le Franchet de Tignes, BP 125, 73150 Val d’Isère, Savoie