49150 Le Vieil Baugé,
Western Loire, France
It's spotless now, with all mod cons, gleaming antiques, open fires and vases of fresh flowers. The house was a ruin when the Bignons found it but they managed to save all the old timbers and stones. The result is a seductively warm cheerful house with bedrooms cosy and soft, two upstairs, one with an entrance off a garden where swings invite children to play. Passionate about food, they used to run a restaurant where Michel was chef; note the coppers in the kitchen/entrance hall, and memorabilia in the family sitting room. Géraldine, bright, friendly and organised... and serving beautiful homegrown or local food and the wines of Anjou.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Little gems of local knowledge from Michel & Géraldine Bignon:
- Opera at Baugé from July - August.
- Numerous chateaux and museums in the local area.
- Vineyards at Saumur and Anjou, 30 minutes drive.
- Gold course 6km.
Have you visited Les Bouchets?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin/double
- 1 Family room for 4
49150 Le Vieil Baugé, Maine-et-Loire